Monday, March 25, 2013

Paprika Chicken

This recipe comes straight from my genius...or more like a thought then some skilled research. Basically, I got this recipe offline and tweaked it to fit my mood.

Paprika chicken, steamed broccoli with lemon and velvety butternut squash (recipe coming soon!)

Paprika Chicken: 

4 chicken thighs (my new favorite cut of meat)
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne (depending on my spice level)
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 425°. Lightly oil a broiler pan or Pyrex dish. I prefer a broiler pan because it keeps the chicken away from it's fat thus making it super crispy.

2. Mix the spices and oil either in a plastic bag or a bowl. Add the thighs and toss or stir until well coated.

3. Bake the chicken thighs for 30-40 minutes. I love them they turn a lovely dark brown and the skin crackles when poked with a knife. Internal temperature should reach 160° to be safe.

This is so, so easy and really good. Jake's started requesting it! It's really nice with almost anything, honestly. Salad or rice or even potatoes. The first time I made it, I made it with sweet potato fries. SO yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment