Friday, August 2, 2013

Morning Smoothies

I have always been a fan of smoothies. But I've never strayed from the normal berry flavored or tropical flavored blends. Well in my quest to seek out other options, I came across this gem: peanut butter and banana. Revolutionary, I know!

Peanut Butter or Almond Butter and Banana Protein Smoothie:

(Makes 2 smoothies)

2-3 ripe bananas
1 cup almond milk, or whatever diary product you prefer
2-3, sometimes 4, heaping sloppy tablespoons of peanut butter
NOTE: for Paleo, use almond butter, or other nut butters. Tomorrow I'm going to try this recipe with the chocolate Almond butter I have. I have high hopes.
splash of vanilla
Protein powder, about 1 scoop (optional)
ice

1. Put everything in the blender. 
2. Blend of Smoothie setting, or whatever.
3. Taste and adjust things accordingly, I usually have to add more peanut butter but I've always added, say, a strawberry yogurt to provide a different flavor in the mix.
4. ENJOY YOUR MORNING!


No comments:

Post a Comment