So it's been a while since I've been really trying new recipes and cooking a lot. Moving to Arkansas and being stuck in a hotel (we're out on Saturday, woo!) has put a damper in my cooking. But last night I tried making Cod Piccata and it was incredible. So try this out, it's crazy easy!
1.5 lbs cod
1/2 cup flour or bread crumbs (I used Panko)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon seasoning (I used an all purpose seasoning)
5 tablespoons olive oil
5 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
1 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup brined capers
1/4 cup chopped parsley (decoration)
1. In a non-stick skillet, heat all of the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the grape seed/canola oil.
2. Rinse the cod in the sink and dredge in the bread crumbs/flour.
3. Drop each piece of cod in the heated oil and fry. Once cooked, place on a plate in a warm oven (I set mind to 250) to keep warm.
4. Once all the cod is done, add the chicken stock, lemon juice and capers to the hot pan. Reduce the heat and let the sauce simmer, scraping off all the bits from the pan. Continue to simmer the sauce for about 5-10 minutes, depending on how long you want to wait. The point is to reduce the sauce and thicken it. I got impatient and added corn starch to thicken it.
5. Once your sauce it to your liking, plate the cod. I made a batch of couscous while the sauce was simmering, but you could have rice or noodles or steamed veggies. Pour the sauce over the cod and top with the fresh parsley.
IT IS AMAZING!!
You can try this recipe with chicken as well!