Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Paleo Brownies

I have literally the biggest sweet tooth out of everyone I know. And, unlike other people, I have almost no way of controlling it. So while on paleo, I was determined to find ways to satisfy this sweet tooth that weren't breaking my diet. And I stumbled upon this little recipe! 

It's the best brownie/cake I've ever had. If you love dark chocolate, you will love this!

Paleo Brownie: 


4 eggs
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup raw honey *I used agave honey
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted obvio
2 teaspoons vanilla
pinch of salt

1. Preheat oven to 350° and grease a baking dish. I used just a normal round Pyrex dish.
2. Mix all the ingredients together until smooth or well mixed.
3. Pour into greased pan and bake for 30 minutes. [Tip: It won't rise like a normal brownie. It actually won't look done yet but make sure you pull it out and check it. I stuck a clean butter knife into the middle and when it came out clean, I pulled it out.]
4. Carmel over at Our Fifth House, where I got this recipe, served it with paleo Chocolate Frosting. I haven't had a chance to make the frosting yet but I served the brownies once with coconut whipped cream and another time with coconut ice cream, which is by far my all time favorite.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment